As we are adapting to our new normal, we, at Natural Sole Wellness Centre, think that social distancing is the perfect opportunity to revamp your skin care routine. While we cannot provide you with any of our signature and relaxing facials, we can surely give you some soulful tips. We have been getting many questions on skin care, but the most common one is “How should I apply my skincare products?”
The clean up!
First things first, if you have lotions and potions all over the place in your bathroom cabinet, you need to reorganise your skin care pantry. Here are a few easy steps:
1. Remove all of your skin care products from your cabinet and clean your shelves. Get rid of all that sticky dust that’s been piling up since N’Sync’s last album release.
2. Verify the expiration date on your products. Toss out anything that’s old, has a suspicious smell or a questionable consistency. You do not want to damage your skin! If your Rose Water scented Body Soufflé smells like actual three week old rose-water-in-a-vase with the consistency of melted butter, then it may be time to say “Bye Bye Bye”…
3. Alright, enough with the boy bands. Focus. Let’s categorise! Have your cleansers, scrubs, moisturisers, serums, etc. in their own piles.
4. Choose the right storage to keep your products organised. You can use small baskets, bins, Lazy Susan, etc. You can add some dazzle to your storage by taking the hot glue gun out with some gems stones and ribbons. It’s time to get creative. Make this YOU-nique!
5. Pick the right spot for your products. You want to keep them all in the same place so you can easily reach for them. For example, place the items you will use the most next to your sink and store the others in your bathroom cabinet.
We got your Skin Care Product Spring Cleaning Edition 2020 Phase 1-5 completed.
When it comes to taking care of your skin, we suggest that you create a Day Time Regimen & a Night Time Regimen. Why? Your morning routine is all about giving your skin maximum protection against the sun, pollution & other environmental stressors. Your night time routine is to provide your skin the nourishment it needs to naturally repair itself.
Morning Skin Care Routine
1. Cleanse: Start your day with a splash of warm water on to your face and a soft gentle cleanser. It can be a milk, a foam or a gel cleanser depending on your skin type.
2. Tone: Don’t let toners scare you! You can find a great toner that is alcohol-free and free of harsh chemicals. Toners rebalance your skin’s pH level and remove any lasting traces of bacteria left behind by the cleanser. Some toners deliver extra antioxidants, leaving your skin fresh & re-energized. Think of your toner as your hair conditioner.
3. Serum: If serums are new to you, here are a few pointers; Serums have great benefits as they are concentrated & nutrient based treatments for your skin. They specifically target a skin’s problem and act as a “booster” to your moisturizer, so you can achieve faster and long lasting results.
4. Moisturize: Everyone needs a great moisturizer. This is not one step to skip! Whether you need extra hydration or a sebum rebalancing day cream, make sure you find a moisturizer that suits your skin type. And don’t forget to moisturise your neck, after all, it’s holding your head up high all day!
5. Lip & Eye treatments: The skin around your eyes and on your lips is more delicate than the skin on the rest of your face, therefore, it’s important that you give it a different type of care. Most of our face’s expressions come from our eyes and mouth, therefore those areas are more prone to wrinkles and fine lines. Puffiness and dark circles are another battlefield. Find a great eye & lip treatment to nourish, firm and hydrate those gentle areas on your face.
Night Time Skin Care Routine:
1.Remove make-up: Take that 5 minutes to properly remove your make-up before washing your face. Most make-ups are oil-based, and you need a good make-up remover to remove that oil and prevent your pores from clogging.
2. Cleanse: Your cleanser will wash off all of the excess sebum, make-up and dirt that has piled up throughout the day. This step is a must to achieve a healthy glowing skin and to prepare it to receive all of the right nutrients.
3. Exfoliate: Using an exfoliant or a scrub, twice a week, helps remove the extra dead skin cells that have been accumulating on the surface of your skin. It allows new cellular growth and creates a smooth texture to your skin.
4. Tone: If you didn’t tone in the morning because you’re a busy bee, you can definitely use your toner at night.
5. Masks: If you want to give yourself the full treatment, you can throw in a face mask once a week. Try a detoxifying mask, a sheet mask, a hydrating mask or even a clay mask. There are even tons of great recipes for homemade masks using just 2-3 ingredients from your pantry and fridge. Make sure that the mask suits your skin type and you rinse it off very well.
6. Hydrating: If you notice that your skin is on the dryer side, using a small amount of face oil on those specific dry spots is not a bad idea. Make sure that you use a face oil that is suited for skin type. We’ve gotten many questioning in regards to using coconut oil on the face. Note that coconut oil is very thick and will clog your pores, meaning you will end up with blemishes, especially if you have an acne prone skin.
7. Moisturize: Many of us are using the same moisturizer for our day and night time skin care routine. That’s perfectly fine. However, night creams are generally richer and thicker treatments, as they are meant to sit on your skin for hours and be slowly absorbed while you catch up on your ZZZzzzz.
However you design your daily ritual, remember to always wash your face, balance your skin’s ecosystem, protect and nourish your skin. Keep it simple but effective. The goal is to create a regimen that ensures your skin stays healthy day after day. Consistency is important and results will be seen if you commit to a self-care routine.
Overall, live well. Times are difficult but stress, fatigue, minimal hydration and poor eating habits will show on your face. Our advice? Take it one day at a time. Wake up in the morning and just think about today and how you can focus on your self-care TODAY. Set yourself small soulful goals such as your skin care routine, a few glasses of water, a small exercise session and find your own way to feel positive.
Natural Sole Wellness Centre is proud to offer you Diego Dalla Palma skin care products in their home care format that you can easily add to personal routine. Our products are specially formulated to maintain and restore you skin’s health. To learn more about our home care products, please click on the following link: Our home care skin products
WE OFFER A 15% DISCOUNT ON ANY ORDERS OR PRE-ORDERS FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL 2020! DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE. E-MAIL US TODAY WITH YOUR ORDER AT firstname.lastname@example.org
(Orders accepted for the Ottawa-Gatineau Region)
If you would have any questions, please e-mail us or leave a comment bellow.