Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AS A NEW PATIENT?
For new patients, we schedule your appointment 15 minutes in advance to allow you to complete the intake form and consent form for the acquired service. Your initial consultation may take 60-75 minutes depending on the nature of your problem.
On your initial visit, we request that you bring with you the following information:
- List of medications you take with doses and frequencies
- List of allergies
- Any medical imaging report relating to your current problem, if available
- Some of practitioners require you bringing your daily footwear
- If your primary care provider has given you a referral form
- Individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in order to receive our services and treatments.
ARE THE SERVICES PROVIDED COVERED?
Our wellness centre offers you a variety of medical and holistic treatment services from Soul to Sole. Our services are not covered by OHIP. While most extended third party insurances cover part or all the cost of most our services, we recommend you confirming the details of your coverage with your insurance provider prior to booking an appointment with us. Some insurance plans may require a prescription from your primary care provider prior to treatment. You will always be provided with a copy of your receipt to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement, or keep it for your income taxes. Should you need any additional document for your insurance claim, please discuss with your practitioner.
WHAT ARE THE FEES AND PAYMENT TYPES?
Please contact at (613)761-6060 to enquire about our fees.
We accept cash, debit or credit card such as Visa or MasterCard. Payment for all services, treatments and products must be provided at the end of each visit. At this time, we do not provide direct billing, but we will gladly provide you with either a hard copy or e-mail receipt for you to submit to your insurance.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
- At Natural Sole Wellness Centre, we make every effort possible to accommodate your time and requested appointment. Know that when you book an appointment with one of our practitioners, they have reserved that time to devote to your needs and concerns. To ensure the continuity of our quality of care, we request that you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment.
- If you are going to be late for your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. Note that this may minimize the time you will spend with wellness practitioner for your treatment.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, we require a 24 hour notice for all cancelled or re-schedule appointments.
- Missed medical appointments, such as ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance are subject to 50$ cancellation fee.
- “No shows” for Massage Therapy and Skin Care appointments will be charged the entire fee of the missed service.
- Cancellation of any appointment must be done during regular business hours with one of our staff members. We are unable to accept such request via e-mail or voicemail. If you book an appointment within the 24-hour time frame, the policy is in effect right away.
- You are to contact management should any questions or concerns arise.
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Due to the nature of the items sold at Natural Sole Wellness Centre, such as, but not limited to: custom medical supportive devices and personal skin care and foot care products, these items are NON-RETURNABLE & NON-REFUNDABLE.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNICATION POLICY?
WHAT IS THE RECORDING POLICY?
WHAT IS THE MEDICAL RECORDS POLICY?
You have the right to request access, correct, or request a copy of your personal records in a timely manner. Such requests can be submitted verbally or in writing to our administrative staff or to your practitioner. In very rare cases, we may deny an access request. If you we have refused your access, there will be a reason provided and you will be notified of your right to contact the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
We respond to your request in a timely manner. Access will be given when approved by practitioner. We may charge a reasonable fee when providing copies of your records. We will provide you with a notice of the fee prior to processing your request.
Your records are retained in our facility as required by law and professional regulations. Generally, we will retain records at a minimum of 10 years from the date of the last visit or, in the case of minors, 10 years from the time client’s 18th birthday. When information is no longer required, it will be destroyed as per professional and governing regulations.
WHAT IS THE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY?
We are committed to provide you with quality of care. With all respect, we kindly invite you to read our Code of Conduct:
- Treat every individual with respect and honesty.
- Refrain from discriminatory comments at all times.
- Understand that posting comments on social media that harass, bully or insult a staff member, patient or client is unacceptable and could result in refusal of services provided from NSWC.
- Understand that threatening, violent and harmful language and interactions are unacceptable.
- Understand that any sexual solicitations and conducts are unacceptable, not tolerated and will result in non-completion of your service. This can be reported to authorities.
We will not tolerate behaviour that disrupts our provided quality of care or threatens the safety of the individuals inside our facility.
We value your privacy. The Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA, 2004) is the Ontario Government legislation that sets out rules for the collection and utilization of patient information.
At Natural Sole Wellness Centre, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of all Personal Health Information that we collect, use and disclose. We strive to protect the privacy rights of our patients by meeting the standards establish by law, including PHIPA.
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Health Information only in the purposes of:
- Providing you assessment, care, treatments and recommendations.
- For purposes to which you have expressed consent (Ex: Referrals to another health care provider, Communication with your insurance provider for your claim submission).
- Conducting risk management activities.
- Maintaining quality assurance.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Fulfil others purposes required by the law.
If we intent to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent before doing so, unless required by the law:
- Disclosing your information to someone who is not a health information custodian (ex: Insurance company, employer for medical notes, lawyer, WSIB, etc.)
- Disclosing your information to a health information custodian for purposes other providing you with health care (ex: a Physician working for an insurance company)
Your personal health information has been directly collected from you or from a guardian on your behalf. Your personal information includes the information you have provided us while filling in your intake form, past medical history, visit records and documented notes on the services/treatments/products you have received. Occasionally, we may collect information about you from other sources including other health care providers, where we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits. We ask that you advise of us any changes to your Personal Health Information so that we ensure our information is accurate.
You have the option to withdraw consent to have your information shared with other health practitioners at any time. Know that if you chose to withdraw your consent, your practitioner will discuss any significant consequences that might results from your treatment plan. (ex: unable to provide continuity of care). If you have any questions about our practice policies, we encourage you to speak with your practitioner.
Have a Different Question?
Email us anytime