Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AS A NEW PATIENT?
MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS: For new patients, we ask that uou arrive to your appointment 15 minutes in advance to allow you to complete the intake form and consent form for the acquired service. Your initial consultation may take 60-75 minutes depending on the nature of your problem and the treatment required.
On your initial visit, we request that you bring with you the following information:
- List of medications you take with doses and frequencies
- List of allergies
- Any medical imaging report relating to your current problem, if available
- Some of practitioners require you bringing your daily footwear
- If your primary care provider has given you a referral form
- Individuals under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult in order to receive our services and treatments.
WHAT IS THE COVID19 POLICY
COVID-19 – Safety Precautions & Policies (Updated September 5th, 2022)
The Ontario Government has announced some changes in managing the Covid-19 pandemic. Provincial mask requirements have been lifted in most public settings, including health clinics like ours. At Natural Sole Wellness, our health and wellness professionals will continue to wear appropriate PPE such as masks when providing care. We continue to operate with strict safety protocols and measures as required by the Ontario Government, Ottawa Public Health Unit, and our regulatory bodies. The safety of our community remains our number one priority. We appreciate your understanding and your consideration towards our small business, as we strive to provide high quality treatments to all our patients.
PLEASE RESCHEDULE IMMEDIATELY AND DO NOT COME INSIDE OUR WELLNESS CENTRE IF:
- You (or someone in your household) have been in close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
- You (or someone in your household) are waiting for your COVID-19 test results.
- You (or someone in your household) have any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, nasal congestion, unexplained malaise, and new loss of smell & taste.
Our 24-hour cancellation policy remains and Covid-19 related concerns are NOT exempt.
The Province of Ontario has introduced new guidelines for shorten isolation periods, mask mandates and testing. Please contact your primary health care provider or your public health care unit for any questions or concerns. Our Nursing Staff will not provide any Covid-19 related questions over the phone.
The health, safety, and well-being of every individual in our wellness centre continue to be our highest priority.
We thank our community for their continuous efforts in reducing the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your trust. Please stay safe & stay well.
Your Team at Natural Sole Wellness Centre
ARE THE SERVICES PROVIDED COVERED?
Our wellness centre offers you a variety of medical and holistic treatment services from Soul to Sole. Our services are not covered by OHIP. While most extended third party insurances cover part or all the cost of most our services, we recommend you confirming the details of your coverage with your insurance provider prior to booking an appointment with us. Some insurance plans may require a prescription from your primary care provider prior to treatment. You will always be provided with a copy of your receipt to submit to your insurance provider for reimbursement, or keep it for your income taxes. Should you need any additional document for your insurance claim, please discuss with your practitioner.
WHAT ARE THE FEES AND PAYMENT TYPES?
Our fees for our services are available online. Services and products such as Acupuncture, Nursing Care, Custom Orthotics and Compression Therapy are HST exempt as they are classified as medical treatments. Other services and products are subject to HST. In some circumstances, certain fees may be adjusted depending on the treatment area/ number of required treatment. Your practitioner will always communicate with you the required fee for service.
We accept cash, debit, or credit card such as Visa or MasterCard. Payment for all services, treatments and products must be provided at the end of each visit. At this time, we only provide direct billing for V.A.C. Bluecross/Medavie Coverage. We always provide you with either a hard copy or e-mail copy of your full receipt for you to submit to your insurance/income taxes.
WHAT IS OUR VIRTUAL CONSULTATION POLICY
We offer Virtual Care (tele-health) for some of our services, so you don’t have to worry about missing out on your appointments.
Virtual care appointment is ideal for anyone who wishes to consult our practitionners from the comfort of their home over a live video call on your computer, or any mobile device.
We ensure the privacy and security of your health information at all times. This includes the virtual care platform used, the technology used and the setting to deliver the service. In return, we recommend that you attend your virtual care appointment in private setting rather than in a public setting. A non-medical technician may be present to aid with video transmission. You will be notified if this occurs. Video and Audio recordings are prohibited due to confidentiality reasons. Our Confidentiality Policy and Medical Records Policy (found below) remain in effect at all times.
You are to receive the same quality of care as an in-person session. Our practitioners are required to meet their standards of practice and code of coduct set out by their Provincial College/Association and the Centre’s policies and procedures.
Please note that there are limitations when receiving virtual care. Some questions or concerns may not be suitable for an online video consultation and you may be redirected on to a in-person care/additional appointment. Because of the nature of telemedicine, some assessments may be limited and non-conclusive. This will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You may withhold or withdraw your consent to the Telehealth consultation at any time.
Our Cancellation Policy remains the same (found below). Once your appointment is booked, you will receive a detailed e-mail on how to proceed for payment. When payment is completed, you will receive a 2nd e-mail containing the link/address to the virtual platform. You also receive your receipt electronically for your insurance or medical income taxes.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
- At Natural Sole Wellness Centre, we make every effort possible to accommodate your time and requested appointment. Know that when you book an appointment with one of our practitioners, they have reserved that time to devote to your needs and concerns. To ensure the continuity of our quality of care, we request that you arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. When booking your appointment with us, you agree to our cancellation policy.
- If you are going to be late for your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. Note that this may minimize the time you will spend with wellness practitioner for your treatment.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please notify us as soon as possible. We require a 24 hour notice for all cancelled or re-schedule appointments.
- Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to the appointment will be subject to 50% charge of the appointment fee.
- Missed appointments, last-minute cancellations, and “No Shows” will be subject to the full (100%) charge of the appointment fee.
- A valid credit card on file is required for all bookings.
- Cancellation of any appointment must be done during regular business hours with one of our staff members. We are unable to accept such request via e-mail or voicemail. If you book an appointment within the 24-hour time frame, the policy is in effect right away.
- You are to contact management should any questions or concerns arise.
WHY DO YOU REQUIRE A DEPOSIT FOR ONLINE BOOKINGS?
We require a minimum of a 50% deposit of the service fee when booking online to minimize “No Shows” and “Last minute Cancellations”. The deposit is applied to your service invoice, and the balance is due after your treatment appointment.
WHAT IS THE REFUND POLICY?
Due to the nature of the items sold at Natural Sole Wellness Centre, such as, but not limited to: custom medical supportive devices and personal skin care and foot care products, these items are NON-RETURNABLE & NON-REFUNDABLE.
If you are unhappy with products or services received at Natural Sole Wellness Centre, please contact the Director of Operations at (613)761-6060.
WHAT IS THE GIFT CARD/CERTIFICATE TERMS & POLICY?
Purchase and use of a gift card/certificate at Natural Sole Wellness Centre constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
The gift card/certificate is transferable but is not replaceable if lost or stolen. The gift card/certificate should be treated as cash. Natural Sole Wellness Centre is NOT responsible for loss, theft, or mutilation of purchased card/certificate. Gift card/certificate cannot be returned. Gift card/certificate cannot be redeemed for cash. Value of card/certificate is in Canadian dollars. Gift cards do not have expiration dates. All sales are final. Discounts/Promo sales do not apply on the purchase of a gift card. Gift cards cannot be purchase towards a discounted service (ex; Senior’s Discount) Unauthorized resale and/or copies of the card/certificate will invalidate the gift card/certificate.
When properly authorized by management, the gift card/certificate may be redeemed for services or purchase of products at Natural Sole Wellness Centre. Appointment reservations and in-stock products are subject to availability.
Gift Card/certificate must be provided/ presented at time of redemption. Forgotten cards can be put towards a future service. The total value of the card/certificate must be redeemed at Natural Sole Wellness Centre. Any unused balance will be converted to credit at balance that is added to the patient/client’s file. The Gift card/certificate is not redeemable for cash and no change will be given.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNICATION POLICY?
WHAT IS THE RECORDING POLICY?
WHAT IS THE MEDICAL RECORDS POLICY?
You have the right to request access, correct, or request a copy of your personal records in a timely manner. Such requests can be submitted verbally or in writing to our administrative staff or to your practitioner. In very rare cases, we may deny an access request. If you we have refused your access, there will be a reason provided and you will be notified of your right to contact the Information & Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
We respond to your request in a timely manner. Access will be given when approved by practitioner. We may charge a reasonable fee when providing copies of your records. We will provide you with a notice of the fee prior to processing your request.
Your records are retained in our facility as required by law and professional regulations. Generally, we will retain records at a minimum of 10 years from the date of the last visit or, in the case of minors, 10 years from the time client’s 18th birthday. When information is no longer required, it will be destroyed as per professional and governing regulations.
WHAT IS THE CODE OF CONDUCT POLICY?
We are committed to provide you with quality of care. With all respect, we kindly invite you to read our Code of Conduct:
- Treat every individual with respect and honesty.
- Refrain from discriminatory comments at all times.
- Understand that posting comments on the Internet that harass, bully or insult a staff member, patient or client is unacceptable and could result in refusal of services provided from NSWC.
- Understand that threatening, violent and harmful language and interactions are unacceptable.
- Understand that any sexual solicitations and conducts are unacceptable, not tolerated and will result in non-completion of your service. This can be reported to authorities.
We will not tolerate behaviour that disrupts our provided quality of care or threatens the safety of the individuals inside our facility.
We value your privacy. The Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA, 2004) is the Ontario Government legislation that sets out rules for the collection and utilization of patient information.
At Natural Sole Wellness Centre, we are committed to maintaining the privacy of all Personal Health Information that we collect, use and disclose. We strive to protect the privacy rights of our patients by meeting the standards establish by law, including PHIPA.
We collect, use and disclose your Personal Health Information only in the purposes of:
- Providing you assessment, care, treatments and recommendations.
- For purposes to which you have expressed consent (Ex: Referrals to another health care provider, Communication with your insurance provider for your claim submission).
- Conducting risk management activities.
- Maintaining quality assurance.
- Complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Fulfil others purposes required by the law.
If we intent to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent before doing so, unless required by the law:
- Disclosing your information to someone who is not a health information custodian (ex: Insurance company, employer for medical notes, lawyer, WSIB, etc.)
- Disclosing your information to a health information custodian for purposes other providing you with health care (ex: a Physician working for an insurance company)
Your personal health information has been directly collected from you or from a guardian on your behalf. Your personal information includes the information you have provided us while filling in your intake form, past medical history, visit records and documented notes on the services/treatments/products you have received. Occasionally, we may collect information about you from other sources including other health care providers, where we have obtained your consent to do so or if the law permits. We ask that you advise of us any changes to your Personal Health Information so that we ensure our information is accurate.
You have the option to withdraw consent to have your information shared with other health practitioners at any time. Know that if you chose to withdraw your consent, your practitioner will discuss any significant consequences that might results from your treatment plan. (ex: unable to provide continuity of care). If you have any questions about our practice policies, we encourage you to speak with your practitioner.
Have a different Question?
Email us anytime